Why am I kicking when I TP or use the arrow keys to turn?

Riendra Taselian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been around SL for a while, but this seems to be a new issue. When I tp or use the arrow keys to turn, my feet do this weird kicking thing, almost like I'm trying to get comfortable or treading water. Since I model, this is not good. I've had some of SL's top models look at this and no one else seems to have the problem.

I've done some testing and it happens

- with or without an AO on

- with or without Slink feet

I'm really at a loss as to what is wrong. I use Firestorm and I've had people read their settings to me and as far as I can tell they are identical. Here's a short vid showing what's going on....

Vid link

Please, anyone, help?

Riendra

Thanks. That sort of workd, covering it up a bit I guess.

What I really don't understand is why this isn't happening to anyone else? If you take off all your aos, scripted shoes and whatever, does your avatar do that? So far no one else does. That makes me wonder if it is something more involved, perhaps an LL animation that is triggering on it's own? It's over riding just about every other animation I have. WIth the turns, animations cut down the amount of kicking, but not so as to make it unnoticeable.

This is purely a guess on my part, but it's the only time I've personally experienced the kicking thing.

Do you have your camera set to return to position on avatar movement? If not, that's the trigger.

If you go to preferences-move and view-firestorm tab...it's one of those checkboxes, maybe 3 or 4 down, I'm not logged in right now, but it's easy to find.

I've changed this setting a few times when taking pics. Because it's rather annoying when you are moving an av about, right into the perfect frame(such as moving from one pose or position to another) and the camera resets every single time you move. So, I turned the setting off. In doing so, I now have to manually reset my cam position each time I want to move. It's easy enough to do, but sometimes I forget. So if I go to move, like walk for example, and forget to reset my camera, I do the kicking and/or turning and kicking thing instead, until I reset cam position. Until or unless I need to turn the "reset camera on avatar movement", I keep it checked now, because it's too easy to forget I've turned it off, lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.