Transferring ownership of items

Owner Maltese

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone.

I have a friend who is leaving SL permanently :-(  but she wants to give me ownership of her stuff that is inworld and on my land already.

For some reason, my land doesn't give me estate permissions. Is there any way she can give me her in world, on land items at no charge?  Or do we both have to be together and she just sells it for $L0 and I grab it before anyone else?

Thanks

I think this would work.  You sell the land to her.  You can set it for sale only to her.  Then she sells it back to you.  Somewhere in the land sale process there is a place to specify that objects are being sold with the land.  She checks that box, so that all objects she owns that are on the land are sold to you.

If all of her objects that are on the land are transferable, this alternate method should work.  You return all her objects.  They show up in her inventory as a coalesced object.  She gives you that object.  When yoiu rez it, all of the objects will be selected and will be in the exact spacial relationship, but not the same absolute position, as when they were returned.  Carefully keep them all selected so they move as one, and move them to where they should be.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.