Bulk Permission Setting - Question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good Day All,

I have a situation where I need to set the 'next owner' permissions for a very large number of items (textures in this case). For the life of me I cannot find a way to do this other than one at a time. Since I am talking about a couple hundred textures I obviously do not want to do it this way and so was hoping some one out there knew of a way I could do this in bulk.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Wanda Soulstar

In the case of textures it is actually pretty easy to do (I would never change the permissions of objects while in inventory, whether or not it functions perfectly fine sometimes, it's just asking for trouble). I'll give you the steps I take, how I don't know if they are right for every viewer, or if there is an easier way or not, this is just how I do it and have been for years, lol.

This is the method I use.. and it works well(I'm on firestorm). There may be an easier method, I have no clue, I use what has worked for years :D

Screenshots are easier...I would NOT recomend doing more than 10-20 at a time though. It's really easy to forget one or two here and there while working.

step1.png

step2.png

step3.png

step4.png

step5.png

step6.png

Wandering Soulstar wrote:

Tari,

Had already seen that, problem is that I still have to go one by one clicking the checkboxes ... and with a couple hundred textures I am afraid my fingers will fall off :-)

There is no way to just set them all withough having to check those boxes. As annoying as it is, it's also a good thing. It's pretty easy to screw up the permissions of something when you've got a lot to do. I've done it more than once simply not paying attention, lol.

Maybe this way:

Create a box;
put your textures in the box inventory;
in the Content window, click "Permissions" button;
check all;
apply the permissions you want.

** Just remember that this will change the permissions in the textures inside the box, not in inventory. You have to get them back to your inventory, in a different folder to not mix with the older ones.

change perms.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.