Hey Ebbe, Ideas to Retain Users in the New World

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

madjim wrote:

Oh, and I am also a Cambridge educated economist - taught by the Governor of the Bank of England whose belatedly-followed advice rescued the UK *and* the USA following the crisis

Of course you are. I remember you from those classes. I do hope the acne has cleared up.

I've since gone on to a quite successful career and life. I've even acquired a George Cross, for having disarmed and disabled a group of Provos whe were bent on harming the Queen as she parachuted into the Olympic Stadium.

Hmmm, I didn't have acne by that time, although I do remember one "guy" who a friend of mine sat next to in lectures that took exception to his comments on how ugly most of the female Economists were. Was that you, pre-op?

You may wish to note that my general exhortation is not to believe everything you read on the internet, not anything you read.

Father "loves it when his truth is disbelieved, even more than when his lies are accepted" Jim

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Well, you just proved you know nothing about economics, as nobody needed saving

Yeah, right.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

The average guy, would not have been affected at all by the crisis.

Yeah, right. (Note the correct use of a comma.)

Medhue Simoni wrote:

What the central banks did was save all the criminals and gave the public the bill

In the case of the UK, I think you are confusing the Bank of England with Her Majesty's - pragmatic - Government. I can't speak for your less enlightened administration, but Mervyn's strategy mitigated what would have been a Depression, and left us here with a very manageable recession. I realise that places like Italy and Greece - and the rest of the begging bowl of Europe - may have had problems, but that's nothing new. The US, despite causing the problems and refusing to do anything about them initially, eventually listened to what Mervyn was saying, although Buffy St Marie's sentiments do apply:

Medhue Simoni wrote:

housing prices should had fallen greatly after the crisis.

They didded in the UK.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

because of all the money that was printed.

Ah, I see you are a Friedmanite Monetarist. His theories only apply in the context of a relatively stable economic situation, which make them rather useless in "crisis" times. If you are talking about "quantitative easing" increasing the money supply, then you should know that King considers that a confidence tool, the actual injection being inconsequential in comparison with the message it sends - it does no real harm and also placates the Chicago School of critics.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Where did I say that confidence means anything at all? That only applies to fake products, not real 1's.

Hmm, it's interesting to see you bring in the concept of "fake products" when referring to inessential "luxury goods" traded in a virtual market, in which customers are entirely dependent upon confidence in the seller, as they have no effective legal recourse when those products are not delivered, are defective, or are unilaterally deleted by LL following some unsubstantiated complaint - or, as is the current situation, rendered useless by a change in technology or a forced platform migration.

Medhue Simoni wrote:
 Real products aren't affected by confidence at all.

Yeah, right.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

People either need or want the product or they don't.

Nobody needsa virtual product.

Medhue Simoni wrote:
 it might have some
affect
[sic]

As with Mr Altberg, your inability to express yourself accurately diminishes any claim you may have to using that same defective brain to make a cogent argument. I hope, for your sake, and while the less well informed element of the market is still making useless investments in soon-to-be-obsolescent products, your animations are less subject to errors.

Although I must praise your continuing Canute-like one-man campaign to stem the tide of economic failure in SL, I should point out that the Bay City Rollers may have sold a lot of records at one time, but like Justin B, their product was execrable and they quickly descended the slippery path to physical and moral bankruptcy.

Father "stick to your knitting" Jim

madjim wrote:

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Well, you just proved you know nothing about economics, as nobody needed saving

Yeah, right.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

The average guy, would not have been affected at all by the crisis.

Yeah, right. (Note the correct use of a comma.)

Medhue Simoni wrote:

What the central banks did was save all the criminals and gave the public the bill

In the case of the UK, I think you are confusing the Bank of England with Her Majesty's - pragmatic - Government. I can't speak for your less enlightened administration, but Mervyn's strategy mitigated what would have been a Depression, and left us here with a very manageable recession. I realise that places like Italy and Greece - and the rest of the begging bowl of Europe - may have had problems, but that's nothing new. The US, despite causing the problems and refusing to do anything about them initially, eventually listened to what Mervyn was saying, although Buffy St Marie's sentiments do apply:

Medhue Simoni wrote:

housing prices should had fallen greatly after the crisis.

They
didded
[sic]
in the UK.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

because of all the money that was printed.

Ah, I see you are a Friedmanite Monetarist. His theories only apply in the context of a relatively stable economic situation, which make them rather useless in "crisis" times. If you are talking about "quantitative easing" increasing the money supply, then you should know that King considers that a confidence tool, the actual injection being inconsequential in comparison with the message it sends - it does no real harm and also placates the Chicago School of critics.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Where did I say that confidence means anything at all? That only applies to fake products, not real 1's.

Hmm, it's interesting to see you bring in the concept of "fake products" when referring to inessential "luxury goods" traded in a virtual market, in which customers are entirely dependent upon confidence in the seller, as they have no effective legal recourse when those products are not delivered, are defective, or are unilaterally deleted by LL following some unsubstantiated complaint - or, as is the current situation, rendered useless by a change in technology or a forced platform migration.

Medhue Simoni wrote:
 Real products aren't affected by confidence at all.

Yeah, right.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

People either need or want the product or they don't.

Nobody
needs
a [sic]
virtual product.

Medhue Simoni wrote:
 it might have some
affect
[sic]

As with Mr Altberg, your inability to express yourself accurately diminishes any claim you may have to using that same defective brain to make a cogent argument. I hope, for your sake, and while the less well informed element of the market is still making useless investments in soon-to-be-obsolescent products, your animations are less subject to errors.

Although I must praise your continuing Canute-like one-man campaign to stem the tide of economic failure in SL, I should point out that the Bay City Rollers may have sold a lot of records at one time, but like Justin B, their product was execrable and they quickly descended the slippery path to physical and moral bankruptcy.

Father "stick to your knitting" Jim

Meanwhile, your services are in such high demand that you can spend much of your day trolling forums (and typing badly.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.