Activity for Virtual Team

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm new to SL and not sure if I'm posting in the right place. My work group consists of 10 people that are all in different locations across North America.  We meet as a team once a month and I'm looking for a short (10-15 minutes) fun activity we can do online. Are there things on SL I should look at? 

Navillus01 wrote:

I'm new to SL and not sure if I'm posting in the right place. My work group consists of 10 people that are all in different locations across North America.  We meet as a team once a month and I'm looking for a short (10-15 minutes) fun activity we can do online. Are there things on SL I should look at? 

Hi Nav

You could easily buy/rent a small parcel of land that will be unique for your team.

As for fun activities, the SL world is your Oyster in here.

Only slight problem I can foresee is that if you require a group chat scenario, the chat servers for group chats can get somewhat laggy. It's usually ok in a 'local chat scenario' and that would be your way forward if your team is on dedicated land just for you guys.

I would suggest giving it a try and see if it works out for what you intend. SL was actually created for just such a scenario.

Good luck with your project.

You could ask everyone what kinds of things they enjoy doing and find something that meets in the middle.

But.. for some idea you could....

Go to an amusement park, mini-golf, arcades, some type of sport(volleyball, surfing, soccer/football, regular golf, funhouse, haunted house, other game sims(they have table games, card games, puzzle games, etc..all free). 

You really are only limited by the ideas you all come up with. If this is going to be a regular thing, you can always come up with a good list and try one, or more,  at each meeting. Even systems that aren't all that great can do all of these activites, if their graphics are adjusted enough to allow them to anjoy(like keeping draw distance down, for instance, as well as shaders, etc..)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.