Sign in to follow this  
jazinda

how do i get rid or block the page looks like facebook? i hate it

Question

From the description, it sounds as if you have discovered your web profile page at my.secondlife.com/jazinda  .  I can't say that I think much of it myself, but my solution is to emasculate it and then ignore it.  Go to the profile long enough to change all your settings.  Make them as restrictive as possible so that you have no interests and no RL information showing, and so that as few people as possible can view or add to your page.  Then open the People tab and UNfollow anyone that's there, and mark the page so that they can't follow you either.  (You'll have to visit that page again if you add more people to your Friends list, because you will follow them by default.)  Once you have declawed the profile as much as you can, just pretend that it's not there.  If you use the Firestorm viewer, you can modify your own profile in world when you want to, and you can set permissions for your friends list there too.  There's no need to use the web profile.  It's certainly not worth leaving SL for.

• Like 2

1 answer to this question

From the description, it sounds as if you have discovered your web profile page at my.secondlife.com/jazinda  .  I can't say that I think much of it myself, but my solution is to emasculate it and then ignore it.  Go to the profile long enough to change all your settings.  Make them as restrictive as possible so that you have no interests and no RL information showing, and so that as few people as possible can view or add to your page.  Then open the People tab and UNfollow anyone that's there, and mark the page so that they can't follow you either.  (You'll have to visit that page again if you add more people to your Friends list, because you will follow them by default.)  Once you have declawed the profile as much as you can, just pretend that it's not there.  If you use the Firestorm viewer, you can modify your own profile in world when you want to, and you can set permissions for your friends list there too.  There's no need to use the web profile.  It's certainly not worth leaving SL for.

• Like 2