wouldn't it be better "verified adult" instead of " payment info on file" seems the latter is bad

saddletrash

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

After the recent major hack on LL...it seems to me, that having your profile broadcast that you have "payment info on file" is ASKNG to get hacked..some of the REALLY bored or bad people that seem to troll profiles looking for that very thing. Instead, How about changing that to "VERIFIED ADULT"  MY payment info is no one's business but Mine and LL's and just the very fact of having that broadcasted on the profile for all the world to see is just flat out BAD!!.. My MAIN avatar is still in queue for review due to a hack on my account this past saturday June 14, 2014.

2 answers to this question

No one can access your account UNLESS you give someone your password, fall for a phishing scheme or visit sketchy websites that put a key logger on your computer. So you can take all the necessary steps to assure your accounts total security, even if you are tageted by a hacker.

Having PIOF in profiles is actually helpful to a lot of people because griefers never have that and some people want only people with PIOF on their land for various reasons.  It also assures people you may contract for custom goods or services that you have the ability to pay, although some people without it may have other means of obtaining L's, such as by working or selling goods or services themselves.

Having age verification is not really helpful other than on G sims.  There are few of those and even if you are on one you have to maintain G behaviour regardless of your age.  If you encounter someone on an M or A rated sim they are age verified or wouldn't be there.

• Like 3

While YOUR account may have been compromised, this in no way consists of a "major hack on LL."

Most accounts are compromised because either they responded to a phishing scam, or they trusted someone in RL or SL with their account password.

There is only one "hack" on LL itself that I am aware of.  That was years ago, and the information exposed was encrypted.  There is no indication that anyone's personal information has ever been compromised by an attack on LL's data bases, or by negligence on their part.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.