Sign in to follow this  
Lacewing Mesmeriser

Unreachable rental group admin/landlord

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It's disheartening but I really don't see what more you can do that you haven't already done.  Best thing is to protect your interests (and your inventory)  I would not have anything rezzed at your rented land that is no copy.  If the sim closes it could be without notice given the story so far.

--Cinn

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

It's disheartening but I really don't see what more you can do that you haven't already done.  Best thing is to protect your interests (and your inventory)  I would not have anything rezzed at your rented land that is no copy.  If the sim closes it could be without notice given the story so far.

--Cinn

• Like 1

Hadn't seriously thought of that but assumed items would get bounced back at me like when you lose them - do they get swallowed then if the sim closes?

And re the original Q....would taking a ticket (and a very comfy chair for the wait in my experience!) be of any point?

If the sim closes LL does not automatically return the objects. They have been known to enable recovery of objects in the past, but that is not a guarantee of future behavior. I'd take all no-copy stuff back into inventory until the matter is resolved, just in case.

Yes.  In reading past threads about similar issues, seems that when a sim shuts down, it does not trigger an automatic return of objects like you would get if the landlord returns objects using the land window.  Instead, all objects are held in some type of sim file and people who have had items on sims that closed have had to open tickets with LL to get the sim back for a short period of time in order to retrieve their stuff.  Don't know that I've seen this documented anywhere.  But it certainly has come up often enough in this forum for me to accept it as likely.

As far as a ticket, not sure what LL would do or what kind of ticket you would even open.  This all falls under the resident to resident business transactions that LL usually doesn't get involved in.

--Cinn

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.