How Do I Upload My Modified Avatar Mesh With Fixed UVs?

Vella Chrome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all:

I downloaded the Second Life Avatar Mesh from http://secondlife.com/community/avatar.php to use to try out some custom textures I am creating.

I noticed the UVs on this mesh were in need of tweaking as my textures were pretty distorted when applied (and yes, I am using widely used templates so I know that isn't the problem. And I am very experienced in 3DS Max and UV modification).

The problem I am having is that once I have modified the UVs, how do I upload them to my avatar in Second Life? I can see under the FILE menu there is a way to upload Images, Sound, Animation and a Bulk Upload but there doesn't seem to be a way to upload my mesh with the UVs modified.

I have searched the Knowledge Base but haven't found an answer.

Can someone please tell me how this is done or at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much in advance.

7 answers to this question

That is for static meshes. Not avatar meshes. Think of mesh upload in SL as sculpties that don't look like melted plastic. has nothing at all to do with actual avatars. SL would have to be rewritten for actual avatar meshes with boning, etc. That is a pipe dream for SL technology.

• Like 1

Ah. Thanks for your answer Ann (and everyone else, too)!

Well, that completely sucks, doesn't it? I'll have to scrap a lot of my texture detail to "compensate for the distortion". Lame, lame, lame!

That was directed at Linden Labs, not you all who were nice enough tio help out a newbie.

I appreciate the time you and everyone else here took time to answer my question.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.