Question about monthly tier and land holdings

friscolives

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been at about 25k-30k square meters for a while now, but i just found a property I really liked and won it on auction, bringing my land holdings to closer to 45 k meters and now in the high tier Mainland amount ($195 a month.)

I'm not sure if this would ever happen or not, but i'm curious what would happen if i exceded the 64 k meters (entire region, I'm not sure of the exact square meter amount. What if I went up to 70 K or more? Would there be additional charges or have I maxed out at 64 K and would not be allowed to purchase more?

It's not something I forsee happening, but curious what the rules are if it did.

I think the next step above $195 is an additional $195 which will allow you to own up to an additional whole  region. You're certainly allowed to own more than a full region; you'll certainly pay for it.

If you want to own slightly more than a full region the most cost-effective way is to create an alt with a premium account, make a group with the two of you, tier up the alt just enough to buy the amount you have thats more than one region and both donate tier to the group. (A group also gets a 10% bonus as far as land per tier level, by the way.)

Hi Friscolives,

Just so you are clear. The next tier level after a full sim(region) of 64k .. is another full region (64k) and $195 p/mo. The way tier works, as I think you understand is that once you pass th ebarrier of the previous level, 64k in this case, you go to the next level, even if you have passed by only one sqm. So you own 64,000 sqm .. you pay $195, own 64,001 and you pay another $195.

(This of course is not taking into account the group discounts or your base 512 discount).

Wanda

The next tier level after a full sim(region) of 64k .. is another full region (64k) and $195 p/mo. T

But it's not. It's another half-sim, charged at the full-sim rate per square meter (so US$97.50 per half-sim, rather than the US$125.00 of just a single half-sim). See the Knowledge Base article:

Any tier beyond the first full region is assigned in half-region increments at a rate of US$97.50 per half region. A higher level appears in your
when you upgrade beyond a full region on the mainland. If you sell the land and move back to a tier of one full region or below, the system automatically tiers you down.

• Thanks 1

Actually, I was a little surprised myself. I'd known somehow that the next step was 1/2 sim, but I thought it would add the same cost as the first 1/2 sim ($125/mo), so it comes as a happy surprise that the next step is at the same rate as the full-sim. (Admittedly not quite enough of a "happy surprise" to get me to tier-up to it right away, but a boy can dream.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.