Vehicle keeps its flat position on slopes aswell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

As topic describes my main issue, my boat vehicle does not adaptate its rotation to slope of coast when I move my vehicle onto terrain. So it keeps moving as "flat" and boat just raises from water as much as I move boat into coast. Any ideas to make it dynamic so it can raise its nose instead of whole body? Thanks.. 

Thanks but I am not looking for a banking effect on turns. Only problem is my vehicle doesnt behave like a simple physical object when it comes to terrain. As I see so far, especially cars adaptates themselves to roughness/slopes of terrains easily. There must be some flag very simple. :|

That depends on what you mean by "not working properly with the physics engine."  It may be as simple as setting the model's physics shape to PRIM instead of CONVEX HULL, or it might mean redesigning its physics shape or adding invisible elements to change its center of mass.  You might get more specific, constructive suggestions if you rephrase your problem and post it in the Mesh forum.

Poltergeist Azarov wrote:

Ok, I finally realized problem. The mesh model I have is not working properly with physics engine. What should I do to give its body proper physics that works fine with physics engine? 

Improving your physics shape can help make a vehicle run smother, but I still think your issues is related to the vertical attractor that Rolig pointed out.  Creating a physical vehicle script is not a trivial task, I would highly recommend reading the tutorial Rolig posted and visit the vehicle laboratory inworld. if your new to LSL then I would recommend starting with the basic LSL tutorials first.  They all can be found here.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:LSL_Tutorials

I had some time to test a script of mine, looks like you need to lower the efficiency setting in the vertical attractor flags.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.