Does anyone know anything about this graphic card?

Larryk Dagger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently acquired this computer, it's a Compaq Presario, and when I tried to login for the first time, I got the message that my computer did not meet minimum system specifications. I checked to see what type of graphics card I had. I have a Intel Bear Lake B.

Has anyone ever heard of this particular type of graphics card and if so, is there a way I can get it to work correctly with Second Life? There are some objects that show up as oval shaped instead of their true shape. So far, it's mostly trees and plants that are are sculpt prims.

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Larryk

You can get it to run ok, you will  (or more than likely have graphic issues still)

I can still run on an old Compaq with a AMD2300 and a Nvidia 5200FX with  1 GB ram !

Something I know about rent to own places . *I just cleaned and fixed and upgraded to the best I could a friends they paid 2500UDS total for one that sounds almost the same  (and was only 399 new! )(from Rent a center- the same as aronsons if I recall right, or at least close) When they made their final payment they did take that PC in and exchange it for a new one in the sealed factory box. (Before you finalize your agreement try and get them to give you a new one and posibly it will be a better PC. the rental place already made the cost 4-5 times from your payments and they loose nothing, its worth a try, just stand firm on them )

I've been reading a lot of the postings lately and I am so discouraged by all the mean and sarcastic comments people make.  Also, I've seen postings that go so far off topic that the original question gets lost among the many answers.  Is it too much to ask people to lighten up and be nice to each other?  I hope not, or this world, both RL and SL have gone to hell in a handbasket.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.