Help with a script for a group inviter

Gadred

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I own a 1/4 parcel that is deeded to one of my groups. I want a group inviter that does invites to another group of mine. I have bought two different inviters to try and have it invite to the other group. One of the inviters states that it will invite to the group that you are currently wearing the tag for, so I switched to the group I want it to invite for, with no luck. Anyone able to help me figure out why or have a way to make an inviter that invites people to the group I want on deeded land? Thank you!

Message me here or in game at Gadred

It's likely that the script really is referring to the group tag the object is "wearing."  A script working like the one I tested with by Fred Gandt does that.

Possibly you could do this:

1. Create you inviter object
  2. Set the group of the object to the group you want to invite to
  3. Add the inviter script & run to setup for the group
  4. Change the group of the object to the land group if needed.

Step 2 may be difficult if the land is set for immediate auto return. But it's your land so you can adjust that.

With Fred Gandt's script resetting or rezzing after changing the object group tag will cause it to invite to the current group.

This type of group inviter doesn't really invite to a group.  It gives a link to the group information.  Which won't allow joining for group that aren't open enrollment.

Further information here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Group_Inviter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.