Why am I a orange ghost cloud?

StarletIzzaria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been trying all day to log into SL and when I land I'm a orange cloud.   That's normal for when you first arrive and beginning to rez, however I can't seem to ever rez.    I've tried rebaking numerous times and even tried Texture Refresh numerous times.   I've also removed all items that I was wearing and nothing seems to fix the problem.    I've switched viewers from Firefox to the SL viewer and the same problem exist there as well, except I'm a solid white circle.

I've also noticed an increase in crashing when I try to TP to a less active spot to see if it might help me to rez.   Also, my items are not removing and I'm having to log off & back on just to make them remove.

I've checked the Grid and I dont see anything related to this or anything simular to this.   So I'm asking here if others are experiencing this problem as well as what I can do to solve it.

I've already cleared my Cache repeatedly and all other SL sites are working fine.   Only problem I'm experiencing is rezzing fully InWorld.   Any help available would be most appreciated.

If this continues then I will file a report (I know someone will suggest this so I'm stating it ahead of time).

((UPDATE))

I have read the advice given and attempted to log in at Cyclops/154/146/4 (causing me to crash & showing me the screen with the "Viewer Chat" & "Quit" options) but my Outfits still will not load.   Also, I have one item that refuses to detach regardless of how much I try.    I have attempted to right click the item on the screen>detach and also Inventory>item itself>right click>detach but it's still there.   The item does not appear as being worn in the Outfits screen but it does apprear as being worm in Inventory.    I've managed one time to completely switch outfits (including shape, skin, hair, eyes) and return to the original avatar from when I first started but even that will not rez.   The Outfit screen shows that it's finished loading (at times but not always) the items but I'm still a orange ghost cloud.   Also, I have turned off RLV as instructed (Preference>Firestorm>General) and logged back in as well as attempted to follow the instructions of Ctrl + I > Library > Clothing > Initial Outfits >drag & drop on my avatar but nothing happens.   At this point I'm all out of ideas and I noticed that others are reporting the same problem.   I've even attempted to do as they were instructed with no success.

2 answers to this question

Hi Starlet,

Although you've already tried a lot of things mentioned in our go-to documents for "bake fail", I'll link to them anyway...

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_bake_fail

http://blog.nalates.net/2013/08/23/second-lifes-new-bake-fail/

Nalates has another page in which she's compiled a lot of advice for improving the quality of your connection to SL, which is often the root cause of the varied problems you're experiencing.

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

SL is very picky about the quality of your connection and not so much about the speed. Packet errors and timeouts can cause endless grief that barely bothers other internet activities.

If none of those guides contain a solution to your problem, I'm afraid you may have to file a support case.

Good luck!

• Like 1

IF you change into one of your outfits you already have made....or default. you will go back to avatar.....I had that happen t me and  i changed into another outfit and I got out of the cloud...the cloud means your not loading in the items your wearing. once you get another outfit on and another avi. you can put the items back on...I did and I havent had the problem since

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.