Payment issue

GLaDOS9000

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Alright so i just bough two items on the second life marketplace.

I had noticed that i have not recieved the items and have still been charged for them.

I checked my order history and it does not show any invoices for the payments.

I've noticed i have had trouble logging too. When i log in i see nothing, i am a cloud and the map is black. 

EDIT: I had just relogged and noticed i finally recieved the products. Thanks for the help!

1 answer to this question

Whoops, that's a contradictory statement.

If My Order History doesn't show that payment was made, then you probably weren't charged for the items.  I suggest you also look on your main Dashboard page, look in Account/Transaction Log, and see if the payments are listed there.  If they are, then first send an IM and/or a notecard to the seller, including the details of the transaction from your log, and politely request a re-delivery.

If the transactions don't show in either My Order History on the Marketplace, or in your Transaction Log, then the sale never actually took place and you aren't out any money.  Simply go back to the Marketplace and try to buy the items again.

EDIT TO ADD:

If neither location shows the transaction, but you are SURE that money was taken from your account, about your only other recourse is to file a Support Case.  But I have never heard of a documented case of this happening (plus, it would be very hard to prove!)  The $L payment system is one of the few things in Second Life that is pretty near foolproof.

FURTHER EDIT:

The login problems could be a clue.  The transaction may have taken place, but the items weren't delivered successfully.  The most likely culprit is a poor internet connection.  See this blog post for suggestions on how to troubleshoot and fix it.  http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.