I can't get into my profile from the viewer or my web-browsers.

Rapid Mayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

All I get is 

We're sorry, but something went wrong

Please try again in a few minutes. If you continue to receive this message please use the options under the viewer's "Help" menu or visit Second Life Support.

Go to my.secondlife.com

Clicking on the Lower link just leads me the same error page, and has for the last two days. Any suggestions, maybe it's a firewall issue? I have Avast running.

3 answers to this question

Restart the computer and modem. If the DNS messes up it can take hours to clear. A restart will hurry that along.

Give it a day. SL messes up. If it perssists check you connection to SL. Having good internet does not mean you have a good connection to SL. See: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/ 

See if the Destination Guide is working. Try the wiki. See if it is a specific or general problem.

Try a different browser. Lots of us use Firefox or Chrome. IE11 is worth a try. I saw a security company testing browsers classed IE11 at the safest browser going... which I am not sure I beleive. But, I haven't seen any other tests.

I created a new account yesterday and I'm having the exact same problem.    But oddly enough it is only affecting the new account (this account here).    I tried going to my.secondlife.com and working on my profile but it gives me the exact same message on there also.    And I can't view any profiles InWolrd with this account either.    It's strange how I can use my main account and have no issue with viewing profiles but the moment I log onto my alt I can't view any.

I tried posting a help request regarding this issue on here but haven't gotten any advice yet.    If you have any luck figuring out how to resolve this issue PLEASE let me know.     Thank you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.