How do I wear the things in my inventory?

Micala Ghost

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

There are two ways to wear an item from your Inventory. You can open the Inventory window and simply drag the item onto your body, or you can select the item in the inventory window, hold down the Command key (Mac) or right mouse button (Windows) and select 'Wear' from the popup list. In either case, if the item is a body part or an item of clothing, it will appear on the appropriate part of your body (and that goes for you hair too).  You can also Wear other objects (e.g. a cup of tea) and select the part of your body to attach it to (left hand or right hand or some other part!) from the popup list.

First, to wear anything from your inventory, you can right click it and select wear....right click the folder it's in and select add to outfit, or....if it's a complete avatar, right click the folder and select replace outfit.

If you try to wear something, and find yourself wearing a box, DON'T PANIC!....We all wear boxes at one time or another. Simply get to a sandbox or some place where you can left click the box and drag it to the ground. Once it's there, right click and open the box. You can then either elect to wear the items in the box and copy to inventory, or just copy to inventory.

Hope this helps.

Hi Micala, the problem of trying to wear the item that you put back into your inventory may be related to SL.  There have been a number of issues for various residents (discussed in a number of groups that I'm a member of).  So, it may not be anything that you are doing wrong.  As long as you select the item in your inventory, right click and 'wear' it, it should appear.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.