Script Limits - what is the current situation?

Indeterminate Schism

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

LL are planning to introduce limits on the scripts that each avatar/place can have (don't panic if that's news to you!).  Apart from Babbage Linden's office hours and the transcripts is this being discussed anywhere?  Ideally, can anyone either tell me or direct me to a summary of the current situation and plans, please.

(Yes, I'm embarrassed to have to ask as it's my speciality .  I have been away for some time though, honest)

9 answers to this question

Hi, not much has happened.. so not to worry.  You're really not out of the loop.  However, I thought you might find this thread useful since it is other SL residents discussing the same issue only a few weeks ago.. http://forums.secondlife.com/showthread.php?t=337734  The thread also has a few quotes from Babbage Linden.  Hope this helps.

I don't think it will break "much" content because that would be almost instant suicide for LL, rather than the lingering death by a thousands cuts they seem to prefer.  On the other hand if it doesn't break "any" content there wouldn't be much point in introducing it.  The intention is to restrict the heaviest users.  As yet, though, there are no authoritative details on even HOW scripts will be limited so it's really too early to say whether it will be by memory in the end, as Babbage Linden has mooted.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.