Sign in to follow this  
Indeterminate Schism

Script Limits - what is the current situation?

Question

9 answers to this question

Last thing I saw ( and maybe it's somewhere on the transcripts) but the 1.30 server has some code to monitor the script usage of the avatars so they get an idea on how to limit it.

so this would be a good time to have everything on, even if it means lagging all of SL

• Like 1

Hi, not much has happened.. so not to worry.  You're really not out of the loop.  However, I thought you might find this thread useful since it is other SL residents discussing the same issue only a few weeks ago.. http://forums.secondlife.com/showthread.php?t=337734  The thread also has a few quotes from Babbage Linden.  Hope this helps.

I don't think it will break "much" content because that would be almost instant suicide for LL, rather than the lingering death by a thousands cuts they seem to prefer.  On the other hand if it doesn't break "any" content there wouldn't be much point in introducing it.  The intention is to restrict the heaviest users.  As yet, though, there are no authoritative details on even HOW scripts will be limited so it's really too early to say whether it will be by memory in the end, as Babbage Linden has mooted.