Fitted mesh rigging :|

MIstahMoose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So fitted mesh rigging is rather easy, but kind of disappointing. Do I not have ANY control over how my dress deforms? Take all the weight off of the belly deform bone and it STILL deforms like crap! Is there anyway way that I can modify how it deforms? Right now I have no weights on any of the upper body deform bones, so the rig doesn't move at all..yet it still moves with the sliders, and looks horrid. 

No way to fix this? Deform only for actual moving, the rest is determined by the system?

I’m not sure what you mean by not having control of how your dress deforms. Do you mean in Blender/AvaStar or what you see in SL?

When you say you don’t have any weights on the upper body and thus it doesn’t move but still deforms… that can’t be. There has to be some misunderstanding. The collision bones do the deforming for things like body fat. The collision bones move in parallel with the mBones. So, if something deforms it should move too.

When things are well weighted they deform and move pretty well. Things are not ideal, but they are usable.

I suggest you provide a picture showing the problem deform and another of your weighting. Then we might be able to help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.