Main avie is hacked how long till linden lab sends my email I can re change my password?

Twilight Spires

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had 2 days ago .. Didn't pay attention to link in my hair group and yes I followed it and got hacked ( been in sl since 04 I should of known better LOL )  I had gotten email saying my password got changed and my email I then called Linden Labs she then deactivated my account said it be few days  till they send me a email .. I had my debit card attached to it called the bank no one tried to get RL money . They only took 50 lindens LOL is all I had at the time . I am now getting my offlines back in to my email I had before which I view as good sign  due to before it had been changed . Has any one had quick reply on getting their main avie back . I had been on this one almost 5 yrs . This   alt Im posting on i never use only for a bank thanks ahead of time and please read all of my post first .

3 answers to this question

It sounds as if you have done all the correct things so far.  Now all you can do is wait.  When Linden Lab gets a complaint that someone's account has been compromised, they disable the account temporarily and then spend as long as it takes to investigate the matter and assure themselves that the account is secure again before releasing it.  How long?  There's no "usual" time.  As long as it takes. Since you submitted a support case to start the process, you have a case number.  If you return to the support site and click the Support History link, you can see the progress of your request.  You can also submit a supplemental ticket, referencing the first one.

In my experience, LL will put the account "on hold" for an indefinite time if it has been reported compromised. I've not reported one myself but one friend had her account compromised, it was put on hold, and after several months the account disappeared. She isn't the kind of person to ask about that so I don't know why it was closed.

Keep contacting LL and ask them for updates on the account status.

i got it back the second day i called them and they said its a go !!! and i just changed my password and ect.  didnt need at ticket when i called i told them . they didnt give me any ticket number was easy and perfect !! awesome people at Linden Labs i been on sl since 04 ( not this avatar ) this  was my problem ( my post my alts lol ) and this is the main avie i got back ty linden labs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.