Adding APPLIERS to HUDS

SuzettaLatonya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a  way to add all of my appliers to a HUD so i can then have all i need to add and remove clothing or add/take off boobs ect?This would be so much easier than going to the folders and and adding them that way. i was thinking this after seeing how all the dances can be added to the balls and such and triggered so i thought it would be really nice to do this with all the appliers us ladies have to use just to change clothing. Thanks in advance!!

Conceptually this would be easy. But it might require having more perms for some of the items.

Either you have a script that picks which notecard to read and send to the applier script...

Or you write an applier script yourself and feed it a choice of texture UUIDs - if you knew the UUID of every texture, this method is relatively easy as the actual applier script is nothing more than something that changes the texture of a specific 'face' of the mesh object, then sets its texture scaling and positioning.

- plenty of free scripts do exactly that.

The problem is that once you know the UUID of a texture, you essentially have a fullperms copy of it, and so you are very unlikely to get that from most makers (a few furry avatars have included a fullperms copy of the upper torso texture for this purpose, but by a few I mean I recall one, and think I saw another).

That said there are built in ways in the official viewer to obtain the UUID... methods that as far as I can tell do not need to have been put in.

Essentially RLV can do this. There is a dress/undress option, where you create folders of clothes/accessories/outfits and can add or remove them via the RLV menu. I do not use it, it doesn't seem any quicker or easier than just opening my inventory and clicking the item itself. (although with this option you can allow someone else to dress or undress you as well, which sounds like it could be a bit of fun :D)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.