Meshing noob needs HALP!

Intoxicate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have absolutely NO experience with blender, 3dmax or meshing in general but I'd really like to learn.
Are there any FREE resources out there that can help me learn blender or 3dmax from scratch?

I'd like to learn how to make clothing/accessories/shoes.

One of the best places to star is YouTube.

Just do a search for the program you want to use and add the words beginner tutorial.

I don't use either of those two programs so I can't help you much beyond that.

I am sure there are tons of people here who use them who can point you in a good direction.

Hope that helps. :)
Cathy

Cathy Foil wrote:

One of the best places to star is YouTube.

Just do a search for the program you want to use and add the words beginner tutorial.

I don't use either of those two programs so I can't help you much beyond that.

I am sure there are tons of people here who use them who can point you in a good direction.

Hope that helps.
:)

Cathy

Thanks so much! I'll try to find something on youtube 

For blender and to start getting esy concepts of building see this post I linked a free book that you can download from blender wiki . it's very intuitive to use and you can just start getting the fist foundmentals concepts that you'll bring anywere.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/How-to-create-things-in-Second-Life/m-p/2506237#M26012

for maya there is youtube, dailymotion you find some tutorials ( tho I still prefer the old way  books cause I like to understand it well know why and where to do things and not be just an alchimist learning videotutorials like cooking tutorials) anyway maya has the intro help video at start up that give you a first glance of it and you can always check the online handbook.

simplymaya website also has some free tutorials that you can follow and could be helpful.

creativecrash is another good site where you find a lot about maya and max too.

• Like 1

People already gave some links for Blender, which is possibly the best entrance to 3d creation.

You could give 3ds Max a spin. Autodesk offers a 30 day trial, but after that you will need to cough up several 1000 dollars/euros/whatevers for it. I wouldn't advice you to go that route unless you are really determined. 3ds Max has some excellent built in and/or downloadable (I forgot which) tutorials that cover the basics and extensive, always up-to-date help and documentation. As far as I know the same is the case for Maya.

Hey : )

(For Blender) Someone prolly already pointed you in this direction, but if not: 

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/Improving_Your_House

I pretty much started with this page 2 years ago and continued from that : ) Doing some googling when running into questions usually gave me the answers I was looking for, otherwise I suggest you simply post your questions here on the Mesh forum: most info I needed about mesh in SL I learned here and people are very helpful in sharing their insight : )

Hope you get to enjoy building meshes as much as I do : )

Greets,

Jay

• 9 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.