How do I find out if a parcel is abandoned? I have tried to contact the owner(S) and the group

Dingle Doigts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am interested in a parcel at Swain (234, 108, 133) which appears to be abandoned.  I cannot contact the group and the owner of the group is no longer a usable name.  I surround the parcel and would like to purchase it, but I am unable to find out any information on it.  Please contact me if it is possible to do something with it.  Thanks, Dingle Doigts.

2 answers to this question

Abandoned land is owned by Governor Linden and contains the term "Abandoned Land" in the parcel name.  The parcel description often includes the name of the previous owner.

Land that is owned by a valid account is not abandoned, even if it appears to be unused.

When a mainland parcel is abandoned, the ownership of the parcel changes to Governor Linden.  There is no Linden dollar (L$) grant related to abandoned land.  Once abandoned, the parcel settings are amended to reflect the abandoned status and auto-return settings are enabled after one week.

32px-KBnote.png Note: This program applies only to Linden-owned Mainland areas and does not include Private Regions.
  • Like 1

Dingle Doigts wrote:

I am interested in a parcel at Swain (234, 108, 133) which appears to be abandoned.  I cannot contact the group and the owner of the group is no longer a usable name.  I surround the parcel and would like to purchase it, but I am unable to find out any information on it.  Please contact me if it is possible to do something with it.  Thanks, Dingle Doigts.

You can take out a support ticket with the location of the property and they'll check the status for you. It's possible for land to be owned by a no-longer-valid group -- actually I used to have one of those lots next to mine and I was able to get it sold to me.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.