Noob jobs?

slasher333

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You may want to rather tell people why they should hire you, instead of pointing out, that you are total new (also noob indicates that you have no plan what you are doing). People might even suspect that you barely know how to handle the viewer. My suggestion would be, that you bring your interests, motivation and your skills into the spotlight, to get people interested in contacting you.

Well, that's just it. I'm only a couple days old and I don't know how to work a majority of the things in-game. If anything, I know that my cheerful, optimistic personality is the only true thing I have going for me at the moment.

Most places that you work in-world will want you to have a decent looking avatar (no default avatar that you get when you first joined) with hair,shoes,clothes.  So consider investing in a nice avatar (it doesn't have to cost a lot) with some nice accessories.

Then... search the classifieds employment and wanted postings.  You could probably start with some modeling (doesn't pay much) to get started.  Go visit some of these places that have jobs posted and get an idea of how the job works.  That's how I got started in hosting after nearly 8 years in-world.  I observed, I researched and I didn't present myself as a total neophyte when I submitted apps.  Just like in RL have an idea of what you're getting into before you get into it.  Such behavior presents a much better packages overall.  And remember.... these are RL businesses that just happen to take place in a virtual environment.  Always be professional. 

Hope this helps!

slasher333 wrote:

Well, that's just it. I'm only a couple days old and I don't know how to work a majority of the things in-game. If anything, I know that my cheerful, optimistic personality is the only true thing I have going for me at the moment.

Well, why do you want to have a job, if you just joined and there is still so much for you to learn and do?

I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but there is probably nobody who is willing to pay someone who can't do something for him/her or help and they probably don't want to spend their time teaching their employees basics.

I would suggest to get to know Second Life a little bit better,  before you think of getting a job. It will make it a lot easier for you and maybe help to avoid some problems.

Syo Emerald wrote:

Well, why do you want to have a job, if you just joined and there is still so much for you to learn and do?

I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but there is probably nobody who is willing to pay someone who can't do something for him/her or help and they probably don't want to spend their time teaching their employees basics.

I would suggest to get to know Second Life a little bit better,  before you think of getting a job. It will make it a lot easier for you and maybe help to avoid some problems.

Think of it like a high school student looking for a job. They have little to no experience, and are looking for a very flexible schedule, but they want/need money of their own.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.