Firestorm crashing in a particular sim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since over a wekk the viewer crashes as soon as I get logged into or TP to Skinny Dip Inn, its my usual hangout so am missing the place, never happened before and I'm begining to doubt it has anything to do with the place being too busy as I have no probem logging or TPing to busy clubs, what could be the cause?

Since over a wekk the viewer crashes as soon as I get logged into or TP to Skinny Dip Inn, its my usual hangout so am missing the place, never happened before and I'm begining to doubt it has anything to do with the place being too busy as I have no probem logging or TPing to busy clubs, what could be the cause?

Firestorm is usually a month or two behind the curve of technology in SL, and lets its users have a couple versions back meaning you can often be 6 months or more behind what's going on in SL.

But the only thing I can think of is Fitted Mesh - that will cause chaos on Firestorm screens. Fitted mesh has come to 'body attachments' but only from a few limited sources that have not taken off as mainstream even in the community of 'body attachment users' yet from what I see on blogs and elsewhere.

- So while that could be it, I don't think it is.

Have you tried an update of your viewer, wiping your cache out, and all the usual things? Also check your settings - sometimes updates will alter your settings. If the place has a lot of glow or particles your viewer might have altered its settings for these and be crashing you from sending you more than your system can handle (I go as far as into the debug settings and flipping 'RednerGlow' to false - because I am often a furry and many furry joints have an obsession with neon glow, that crashes any non-ultra-powered-gaming-rig... so my Mac just tells me 'none of that nonsense' and crashes anytime I enter a furry joint while having glow enabled...

- And recently the auto-update the official viewer does reset my max particles count to over 4000. Teleporting into a place with a particle smoke effect crashed me...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.