To all adult Shape/Skin designers -----

Jazleen Raynier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

From an old gal - thank you. thank you. thank you.

During a bout of insomnia a couple of nights ago I thought I'd look through the MP for a new skin and shape because it's time Jaz had a new look - new SL and all that and found trawling the 100s of pages I did very pleasurable, very pleasurable indeed. Apart from one male shape/skin that looked slightly too much like my son, goddamn it you guys have made some smoking hot skins and shapes out there and I for one appreciate d greatly.

Now for my query. whilst looking I came across a female that I thought was rather lovely but I already have my skin and was looking for a shape except at the bottom of this article in bold it said that to get the skin look you had to buy the shape and vice versa else you wont look anything like the picture (which I know is not a bad thing, I like to fiddle with my shapes anyway) but I went in world and started going through the demos I already have, a couple each from different shops and started to play with them and honestly, couldn't notice any difference when I put the skin I've bought to a different shape and vice versa. 

So, is it the skin or the shape that dictates how your avi will look, or is it both?

Jazleen Raynier wrote:

So, is it the skin or the shape that dictates how your avi will look, or is it both?

As Sassy says, it's both - skin makers base their skins on the same "map" but there are variations in exactly where the place lip borders, eyelid lines, nose shading, eyebrows, etc. that can make a big difference in how the face looks. The shape sliders can exaggerate these differences. It's much easier to adjust a modifiable shape to suit a skin than it is to find the "perfect" skin for a no-mod shape.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.