Is there a way to request re-triage of a JIRA that got misfiled?

nyanyanman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is there a way to request a JIRA feature request be sent back to the beginning of a workflow, pre-triage? I submitted one report which gained a lot of positive comments from residents and even comments from one Linden who assigned the JIRA.

Since that time, additional examples and items and benefits of the report have been added, but it got asigned to a project and the Linden in charge of the project closed it with the notation "unrelated to this project."

Is there a way to re-open it as a base project or submit a more detailed report, given that it was assigned as a part of a project it had nothing to do with, or is it completelly doomed short of writing a massive and detailed new proposal that makes the old proposal look like nothing?

2 answers to this question

Hello nyanyanman,

just file a new jira, and refer to the old one, but make sure you do NOT file it in the wrong project. STORM for example is only for issues about either the Snowstorm project viewer, or issues that you personally wrote a fix / contribution for (which you are willing to share).

Always file all issues in the BUG project.

• Like 2

The JIRA lost a lot of its flexibility when LL changed it to the new "bug reporting" system.  It's pretty useless at this point.  The new LL CEO, Ebbe, has made noises about improving the JIRA, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

EDIT:  Well, for once I have to eat my words.  LL announced just today that they are taking steps to make the JIRA more transparent and open.  Kudos to Ebbe!!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.