Maya UV Unfolding

hellclad

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Try adding some seams into the crotch area if you want to unwrap both legs onto the UV, it will help spread apart the legs in the UV window.

Another way to go about it is just to delete half the pants for now (will apply it when you rig) which gives you only one half to unwrap. Thus making it easier, and allows you to save a lot more texture space by using a 1024x512 map or what have you (Essentailly just a rectangle map rather than a square) Most pants are relatively mirrored, even in RL so I highly recommend this way of going about it as well.

yeah check better the seams as they said. Check very well the marked line of your cuts.

I can't see much from a 2d photo but also check that in your model there is no polygon sharing more than 2 edges in your troublesome area. those can be really bad beasts to fight with when you unfold and if the model has many poligons also hard to find (unless you've got scripts to evidence those kind of wrong polygons).

In other words look that in your model there are no polygons building up a sort of T geometry :this is what I mean by polygons sharing more than two edges and that can represent a very big iussue in skinning session.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.