Assistance in Posting

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think your post will be tagged for being 'advertising' no matter where you put it. It IS advertising. You want to inform people about your place. If people come to your place and like it, they'll buy stuff.

I tend to think there SHOULD be a place somewhere on the Forums that would allow SL residents to advertise things to do with SL, but as far as I know there is not.

It's definitely not allowed in this particular section, and if I were you I'd delete my post altogether.

I wish there was a forum that allowed us to advertise things besides land and people could go that were interested in finding particular kinds of products or services, but their isn't. I personally don't want to have to wade trhough a ton of spam to find topics that interest me in general disussion, so it's not lame at all.

Amethyst, I think the OP's comment was due to the fact that there is no place in the Forum for residents to advertise SL related items (in this case a sim/sims devoted to the OP's RP themed game), not the fact that advertising isn't permitted in the GD forum.

She prefaced her post with "I've looked and I can't find where to place this...". After I posted she deleted the contents of the original.

Like you, I think an 'Advertising' section (SL ONLY) would be a good idea—you'd go there for the sole purpose of finding things to buy—but I suppose it would get gamed to death so that's probably why there isn't one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.