Kill the Sun without daycycle perms on rented land?Solutions? Options? 128m

DillanStiff

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A good friend of mine has a club on a rented 1/4 sim. And doesnt have permissions to edit the daycycle and make it night time 24/7. The club is big 128m. Is there any options available to us to make it dark 24 hours a day? The sunlight kills the mood of the place, and its gotten rather annoying. Any helpis really appreciated.

2 answers to this question

The club owner should contact the landlord and request they set the parcel to permanent midnight.  Most landlords should be happy to do this.

Failing that, the only thing you can do is put up a sign at the club saying something like, "For the best viewing experience, please set your viewer to Midnight."  In other words, let your patrons take care of the problem themselves.

• Like 1

Parcel Windlight is visible only to people who use Firestorm, I think (and the club owner should be able to set it without reference to the sim owner, simply by putting something in the parcel description -- see http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_windlight). The only option the sim owner can set that everyone can see is region windlight, which affects the whole sim. Though, of course, neither option is visible to people like me, who use their own permanent windlight presets.

I think asking patrons to set their viewer to midnight is the better of the two plans.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.