Maturity ratings help?

BloodyKitty230

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask for help here since the knowledge base isn't that helpful in finding an answer. So I turned eighteen today and I am able to go to the moderate rated locations in SL now but when I go to to search part its grayed out despite my preferences being on general, moderate, and adult. On the search it says that it's blocked due to my maturity settings, but I made sure they weren't on just general or general, moderate. Help?

2 answers to this question

Happy Birthday! :smileyvery-happy:

It may take Linden Lab's system a while to recognize that you are now 18, so you can either be patient and wait for them or you can submit a support ticket under the category Account Issues to remind them and ask for help in releasing your limit. 

BTW, you do klnow that you have to indicate your maturity preference in more than one place, right?  In Preferences >>> General, in Search (upper left corner), and in Marketplace (the menu in the center of the top of the main window).  It sounds silly, but some people want to be able to visit Adult sims but not be bothered by adult items in Marketplace, or whatever.

• Like 2

Thanks for the birthday wish! :)

Oh I didn't know that if it does take time for them to recognize it, if they had one look at me they'd be like. "You aren't eighteen!" because of how short I am, I appear to look like I'm twelve, haha. Anyway, if nothing changes I shall send a support ticket.

And I did indicate my preference in both preferences and search. I didn't know about the Marketplace area though for indicating my maturity preference, so I shall check it out. Thank you, I hope everything works soon but if not, I'll take your advice.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.