Wanted: Someone to allow to me put a homestead in the sky for free on their land! :3

mizki3456

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would like to share a land with someone. I will help with the rent and stuff I just can't afford much but when i have linden i can help out. I just really need a place to stay. I am very easy to get along with and Im not any trouble. I will help out as much as possible! (Preferably i don't want a small piece of the sky i would like a reasonable size just not too big.) :D anyone want to?

I suggest you start small. Find one of the places that charges $25l(or thereabouts) for a semi-furnished skybox with 5-10 prims to spare(for your rezzing purposes, opening things, and whatnot). Then you can gradually move to a more expensive place, as you can afford it.

Don't ask someone to provide you with land for free, that's just tacky. There are TONS of places that are cheap as all get out. If you want to be able to build, go to a sandbox, there are thousands and most of them are actually quite nice(and empty too, so no worries about griefing). If you can't afford a lot of land, don't go looking for a lot of land. Just as in rl, you must live within your means in sl.

A little under a year ago hubby and I had to downsize from the land we owned. We first went to a smaller plot, but then because I was in and out of sl so much, and hubby was busy, we decided to downsize some more. Now we rent a nice little plot in a residential area. It comes with a crap ton of houses for free, an additional 250 prims for whatever I might rez(when I build, and my bunnies because they have to be out at all times, lol, though I still don't use anywhere near 250 prims for either) for $599l a week. It's not the cheapest, we just happen to like this particular company and their houses, since they come completely furnished, is a really nice bonus. We used to have one of the $299l a week places, which gets ya either 100 or 150 prims, I don't remember, lol. Either way, that was nice too, we only moved to the larger prim allowance(land size is the same, or at least looks the same, I haven't measured, lol) because I was working on some stuff and needed the prims.

Long story short, go find yourself a nice small place to start off. When you can afford more, you can do more. No one says you *need* a house or place to live in sl anyway. But I do understand wanting one. I just don't think you should be looking for someone else to provide that for you. I actually used to do that for folks, allow them to use/live on my land for free. It ALWAYS backfired, no matter how nice the person seemed, or even is. So, that's not a venture I'd go for again, personally. If I were to let anyone use land I owned, or rented, I would charge a fee. Maybe not as much as some rental places, because I likely wouldn't be looking to cover tier/rent or recoup losses, but I would charge a fee. I can't see anyone just simply handing you a large chunk of their land-sky or not, for free, based on your own interpretation of the kind of person you are. You gotta bring something to the table too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.