How Secure is the second life worlds?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Second life have to darkness people, and i think linden labs know who are, the new now is, some players in a sandbox weapon test area now can make a objects and prims with a scripts attacks and they can put a full permission with a other player name,

they can create objects and place all the privileges of another player so blame the innocent person,
for example I enter the server and someone will complain about that I was attacking him with a vulgar object, when I look at the object I had my name and all and i to be able to delete it, how is  possible that appear objects I never created with my name and with my privilegies

thats is a new trick from this person for blame to a other player and them mock and laught, i think they find a new exploid in the firestorm.

they are doing everything possible so they linden labs ban me, up to now one called ? in the sandbox weapon test area, i dont say the full name, but he is controlling my , my privileges, he can create together with their other friends objects using my privilege and my name, and he menace with DDOS attacks on youtube using my ip because he trace to me in second life and he say in a public my position and my town , he menace to me with say all my real profile, so all this is inside of second life, i dont know how this person are in second life for long terms.

To much people say to me what i need make for broke the control of me in this forums but nothing works. so I have to report that and that it is not so much by me that is because I've seen are many people who control others by envy, why you fell bad, or not like them.
These people know every corner of second life, know every exploit, know every defect the second life, are people who are abusers controllers, are people very experts and programmers who know how to handle the second life much better than the lindens may and know very well how to do things to stay innocent. the new now is create a object using a name  of other player and all provilegies. thats is to bad, and i say this today for total evidence, of my case here, they create this objects with my name and like attack with this objects to others players.

my question is where is the control and security? i see now, second life is a very dangerous world for play, maybe the people say, hey dont play in sandbox, but i think i can find this dark people in any area, and is not nesesary enter to a sandbox for find it problems. now this horrible people can get all of your with a click click just for enter and play in any area,

i think leave from second life, because i am be afraid. my personal information and my privilegies, and they can make a sexual undeformations, and make my prims in me flight with a refection attacks, all of me are under others persons ,

These people up to do screen shoots, and even changing the words in the chat logs for them look good and inocent, they have so much information my own and I think is a employer of linden labs, but that would be unfair on my say it, who is possible, some people can use the second life for get a total control of other account and take all persona information? maybe i am idiot and thats is normal in this world.

I have complained in many ways, I've done many reports about this, and yet nothing, has happened for my personally, I am disappointed:matte-motes-angry:

There is nothing new in what you described. Unfortunately for us, the ability to repudiate such misuse of prim and script ownership is not easy. I would like to see a requirement to first enroll a digital certificate that would be used to sign any prim as it is transferred to other users and have the whole chain of previous ownership open to inspection.

It won't happen.

LL suspend innocent merchants for being the recipient of fraudulent funds because although funds pass through their own system first, they lack back end business rules to trap such transactions.

Don't expect change and you won't be disappointed.

Sassy Romano wrote:

There is nothing new in what you described. Unfortunately for us, the ability to repudiate such misuse of prim and script ownership is not easy. I would like to see a requirement to first enroll a digital certificate that would be used to sign any prim as it is transferred to other users and have the whole chain of previous ownership open to inspection.

It won't happen.

LL suspend innocent merchants for being the recipient of fraudulent funds because although funds pass through their own system first, they lack back end business rules to trap such transactions.

Don't expect change and you won't be disappointed.

thanks but your dont understand what i say, thats is not nothing about merchants or money transactions, i mean they steal in something style my permisions and they can create a objects with my name and attack others with this objects and they can control me, animations movements, they can control and move my prims i have in my body, and they know all of my position, town, my real name, address , credit card, etc. and they menace to me with DDOS attack using my real ip with DDOSS attack in youtube and second life, and they can force to log me out of second life this group are in the sanbox test weapon area, all days, the lindens need investigate that carefully,, they can use mi real ip for make a ddos attack to a second life servers, thats is to serius :matte-motes-angry:

To clarify:

IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

thanks but your dont understand what i say, thats is not nothing about merchants or money transactions, i mean they steal in something style my permisions and they can create a objects with my name and attack others with this objects and they can control me, animations movements, they can control and move my prims i have in my body

The above is a Second Life security and permissions issue.

IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

they know all of my position, town, my real name, address , credit card, etc. and they menace to me with DDOS attack using my real ip with DDOSS attack in youtube and second life, and they can force to log me out of second life this group are in the sanbox test weapon area, all days, the lindens need investigate that carefully,, they can use mi real ip for make a ddos attack to a second life servers, thats is to serius :matte-motes-angry:

The above is not an issue that Second Life or Linden Lab can resolve for you - and it's not part of the security that they can provide for you. It's an issue for your own network, ISP or local law enforcement.

Oh but I do understand. My point was that rather than tackle the source of the problem, LL just shoot the apparent cause, which is totally wrong. They do not adequately provide for asset authenticity. My comment about merchants was an example.

As for getting your IP address, there are simple ways to get that in SL and from there continue to do the unrelated actions that you describe.

I don't know of a viewer session hijack but it wouldn't surprise me if one did exist. Once again, proper enrollment of certificates ought to go towards preventing that. However we don't have that.

Well for the record, if some people, some website, some server inside of second life , if some people recieve a attack with a object using my name in there, THATS IS NOT ME, if second life servers or a player recieve a attack with some script or a object with my privilegies and my name, thats is not me, or is some site or a people see my real ip in the attack, THATS IS NOT ME!!

i have a full respect for second life and the system, i never use this terrible tactics. i never use s ddos attack in anything mmos, youtube virtual worlds etc, so i hate a crasher sims peoples,

I love second life forever, and i respect the system and thanks for a comunity the patience, i am sorry:matte-motes-angry:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.