A complicated question about land parcels, group ownership, and group powers.

AnthonyMann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Sorry for the long explanation, but it's necessary.

I have a homestead sim divided into two unequal parcels. Both Parcels are owned by Group A.  Parcel H supports 129 prims but has 900 on it. Parcel B supports 3402 and has about 2100 prims on it. There is a Group B that I want to have banning powers on Parcel B, but it doesn't work now, I think because of the group ownership to Group A.

Because of the unequal prim allocation, I think both parcels need to be owned by the same group. I know that if I merely change Parcel B to Group B, I will lose or get prims returned from the Parcel H.

So, how do I make the eject powers for Group B work on Parcel B?

1. Could I deed both parcels to Group B and fix my group power problem? If so, how do I do that without having 700 prims returned from Parcel H during the process?

2. Is there another way to  have Group A own Parcel H and Group B own Parcel B and still  'share' the prims between the two parcels? This would be the best if there is any way to do it.

3. What if I personally owned the two parcels. Would there be a way to have Group A eject powers on Parcel H, and Group B powers on Parcel B?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for any guidance or suggestions for a problem fix.

2 answers to this question

Anthony, what you can do will depend on whether you are the estate owner (you own the homestead region and at least one other, full private region and pay tier on them to LL) or you are leasing the homestead region from the actual estate owner.  I am going to assume the latter is the case.

When you divide land you own in a region into parcels, the prim usage on the parcels becomes unrelated to the parcels' carrying capacity based simply on their size.  Your available prims depend solely on the TOTAL land you own in the region...so, if you have one parcel that supports 129 prims and another that supports 3402, you can have a total of 3531 prims on your land...but you can divide those up any way you wish between the two parcels.  If you wanted, you could put all 3531 prims on the smaller parcel, leaving the larger one empty!

You are correct in thinking that if you sell one of your parcels to another group, the prims of the two parcels would then become governed by the parcels' size.  If Group A owned Parcel H, that parcel could have only 129 prims on it, while Group B could have 3402 prims on its Parcel B.

In your case, I suggest setting up a group role in your land group which has banning powers (they will apply to all the group owned land.)  Assign this role to anyone you want to be able to ban people from Parcel B.  Note that they will ALSO be able to ban people from Parcel H.

Next, get a security orb and set it to cover Parcel H, the smaller land parcel.  Allow people that you wish to ONLY have ban powers in this parcel to have access to this security orb, but do not invite them to the ban-enabled group role in your land group.  Note that the land group's owner (and others whom you may choose), and most likely the estate owner and any managers of the estate, will also need to be able to control the orb.

I hope that this helps you!

• Like 1

AnthonyMann wrote:

Sorry for the long explanation, but it's necessary.

I have a homestead sim divided into two unequal parcels. Both Parcels are owned by Group A.  Parcel H supports 129 prims but has 900 on it. Parcel B supports 3402 and has about 2100 prims on it. There is a Group B that I want to have banning powers on Parcel B, but it doesn't work now, I think because of the group ownership to Group A.

Because of the unequal prim allocation, I think both parcels need to be owned by the same group. I know that if I merely change Parcel B to Group B, I will lose or get prims returned from the Parcel H.

So, how do I make the eject powers for Group B work on Parcel B?

1. Could I deed both parcels to Group B and fix my group power problem? If so, how do I do that without having 700 prims returned from Parcel H during the process?

2. Is there another way to  have Group A own Parcel H and Group B own Parcel B and still  'share' the prims between the two parcels? This would be the best if there is any way to do it.

3. What if I personally owned the two parcels. Would there be a way to have Group A eject powers on Parcel H, and Group B powers on Parcel B?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for any guidance or suggestions for a problem fix.

Answers:

Yes - by joing both Group A parcels together into a Super Group A parcel before changing them to Group B ownership.

No - This is not possible.

No - Groups have no ability to manage parcels unless the parcels are deeded to the group. [The exception to this rule only happens on Liniden Home Parcel Regions as the server code is unique for those mainland regions to allow this ability]

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.