Item Disappears

Noni Grantly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I went to a sandbox, rez my AO in-world and put in some new animations I've brought; two of them is no copy.

After I finished, I take it back into my inventory, but instead I got a system error message of "can not create requested inventory" and the AO just Disappears; Not in world and not in my inventory.

Did the cache clears in preferences and reinstalled the viewer, but still nothing. I guess my item is gone forever?

I had the "can not create requested inventory" error before when I try to wear clothings or change shapes, but even getting the message it still wore the clothes and shapes.

Noni Grantly wrote:

I went to a sandbox, rez my AO in-world and put in some new animations I've brought; two of them is no copy.

After I finished, I take it back into my inventory, but instead I got a system error message of "can not create requested inventory" and the AO just Disappears; Not in world and not in my inventory.

Did the cache clears in preferences and reinstalled the viewer, but still nothing. I guess my item is gone forever?

I had the "can not create requested inventory" error before when I try to wear clothings or change shapes, but even getting the message it still wore the clothes and shapes.

I'm sorry  Noni, I feel your pain.  This has happened to me more and more lately and it is getting to the point that I am afraid to take things out.   My example, I took out a box which I had placed all items and furniture for a particular house, I went to copy it back to inventory and you guessed it, I got the cannot create requested inventory.  I tried all the usual fixes and still it is lost to me.  I would not count on getting it back :(

But you must still have your AO, and depending on where you bought it, you can get it redelivered. Most AO's I know of are copy besides.

It's a custom made AO, I use individually brought animations into a seamless sit zhaoII and 2 of the animations were no copy, so the AO became no copy. I was upgrading it by adding  an all priority4 animation set into the AO.

The bug sucks :smileysad: , but it is what is it, now I'm just more cautious with my inventory stuff.

Noni Grantly wrote:

It's a custom made AO, I use individually brought animations into a seamless sit zhaoII and 2 of the animations were no copy, so the AO became no copy. I was upgrading it by adding  an all priority4 animation set into the AO.

The bug sucks :smileysad: , but it is what is it, now I'm just more cautious with my inventory stuff.

Oh, I am sorry, did not realize it was a Custom AO. :(  Well, you can try what Sassy sugests and hopefully you will get it back, keeping my fingers crossed for you that it works.

As for the bug, yes, it pays to be cautious now, I have lost too much lately not to be :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.