I can't log into SL. tried configuring firewall but still can't log in.

ramdog Mimulus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been trying to log into SL on my mac mini and the log in keeps stopping at the region hand shake phase. I've looked into this issue and found out that most commonly it's a firewall issue. I've added SL to the firewall list and still not able to log in, I've then turned off firewall and still can't log in. Not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions?

3 answers to this question

It is Tuesday. :smileywink:  Have you tried logging in to a different region yet?  Sims are offline at random times during maintenance, as usual.   Always keep track of scheduled maintenance and check for surprise outages on the Grid Status Blog.

[uPDATE] Rolling Restarts Main Channel

[Posted 6:54 AM PST, 28 January 2014]  The rolling restarts for the main Second Life server channel are now in progress.

[Posted 12:11 AM PST, 28 January 2014] We will be performing rolling restarts for regions on the main Second Life server channel on Tuesday, January 28th, beginning at approximately 5:00AM PST. Please refrain from rezzing no copy objects, making inworld L$ transactions and remember to save all builds.

• Like 1

If you are in a corporate setting, check with your IT department. They may need to open special ports or authorize increased bandwidth to allow you access to a bandwidth hog like SL --- if that is within company policy. ;)

See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Using-Second-Life-with-a-firewall/ta-p/1304539#Section_.3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.