Sign in to follow this  
ramdog Mimulus

I can't log into SL. tried configuring firewall but still can't log in.

Question

It is Tuesday. :smileywink:  Have you tried logging in to a different region yet?  Sims are offline at random times during maintenance, as usual.   Always keep track of scheduled maintenance and check for surprise outages on the Grid Status Blog.

[uPDATE] Rolling Restarts Main Channel

[Posted 6:54 AM PST, 28 January 2014]  The rolling restarts for the main Second Life server channel are now in progress.

[Posted 12:11 AM PST, 28 January 2014] We will be performing rolling restarts for regions on the main Second Life server channel on Tuesday, January 28th, beginning at approximately 5:00AM PST. Please refrain from rezzing no copy objects, making inworld L$ transactions and remember to save all builds.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

It is Tuesday. :smileywink:  Have you tried logging in to a different region yet?  Sims are offline at random times during maintenance, as usual.   Always keep track of scheduled maintenance and check for surprise outages on the Grid Status Blog.

[uPDATE] Rolling Restarts Main Channel

[Posted 6:54 AM PST, 28 January 2014]  The rolling restarts for the main Second Life server channel are now in progress.

[Posted 12:11 AM PST, 28 January 2014] We will be performing rolling restarts for regions on the main Second Life server channel on Tuesday, January 28th, beginning at approximately 5:00AM PST. Please refrain from rezzing no copy objects, making inworld L$ transactions and remember to save all builds.

• Like 1

I'm actually on my work computer so I just installed firestorm. I haven't logged on to SL with this computer before. I will try again in a little while, thanks. I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong though since I haven't logged in on this computer previously

If you are in a corporate setting, check with your IT department. They may need to open special ports or authorize increased bandwidth to allow you access to a bandwidth hog like SL --- if that is within company policy. ;)

See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Using-Second-Life-with-a-firewall/ta-p/1304539#Section_.3