Help with Complete Avatars, Anime Heads, etc ?

OoXCookieChanXoO

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear SL

I am fairly new at SL, and I have recently purchased anime Heads and another Complete Avatar from the same Creator.  I really love the look and I want to get my avatar to fit also my style.  But problem is, whenever I put on a HEAD, I have to edit my avatar hardcore to fit it.  With the Complete Avatar, it seems I have to re Edit my Entire Avatar just to fit the Skin, Head and etc.  Ive edited as much as I can, but the skin looks Blotchy like their are two avatars molded into one. What do I do? Is their a feature that I have missed? I have read the instructions over and over, but nothing that really helps me understand how to fix the problem.  I see others with these types of Avatars and none of them look to have any issues. 

:3 Suggestions are very much appreciated. 

Hiya, it sounds like you're wearing the complete avatar -and- the head too. If that's the case then you probably have multiple objects in your head position (the separate head + the head included in the full avatar). You could try looking at your worn objects (select the 'worn objects' tab or search (worn) in your inventory) and try to find the head object you don't want worn, right click and remove that object.

In other words, it probably looks splotchy because there are two similar objects sharing the same spot since you can equip multiple objects to the same joint.

Good luck!

Alright so I looked into my Worn objects, and I dont see a Extra head being worn by my avatar, but instead its a Extra Skin that is making the Completed Avatar look blotchy.  I tried to detach, but the skin will not come off.  These Anime Completed avatars, or the Completed Avatar that I am using, looks Really nice and I see other people using it... and yet.. mine seems to look different then the rest.  Maybe it's something special they did or got the hang of it. xD

I don't know much about Anime heads (I never wear them), but generally there are two ways to hide the avatar under some worn object:

1.  Alter your shape, save the edited shape as a new named shape (store it somewhere in your inventory), then include that shape in the Outfits folder for each outfit that needs it. Outfit folders don't actually include anything real, they are just full of pointers that point to various attachments and things stored in other parts of your inventory. So when you "wear" an "Outfit" it goes and fetches all the bits and pieces from all the different places where they are stored in your inventory.

2.  Wear a correctly fitted alpha. These are very effective at hiding parts of your base avatar under modern mesh attachments (like shoes). Alphas can be linked from an "Outfit" folder just like any wearable thing can be linked. If an alpha did not come with your items, you can get a variety of low cost generic alpha packages in the marketplace. You can try different alphas in the pack, until you find one that works. You can also create or modify alphas yourself, with Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, or Paint Shop Pro, but that is rather complex and has to be done outside of Second Life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.