Typing Anim for Rigged Mesh Head Not Working

Hoegoe Kawashima

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Um, so, I have a rigged mesh head with the talkjaw. When I play the anim file in-world, it works perfectly fine. I found a script here on the forums, but, for some reason, the head bobbles, but the mouth doesn't open. Is it because it's an anim file? I guess I'm a little confused about all of this. This is the base script:

string Anim = "EXAMPLE"; // The Animation you want to use when you type!
// You can use UUID or animation name.. If you choice do name make sure the animation in the object with same name.

list anims = []; // Script of Animation they user has if any..
{
state_entry()
{
llSetTimerEvent(.2);
}
timer()
{
anims = llGetAnimationList(llGetOwner());
if(llListFindList(anims,[(key)("c541c47f-e0c0-058b-ad1a-d6ae3a4584d9")]) != -1) // This is Second life UUID
{
llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(),PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION | PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS | PERMISSION_ATTACH);
llStartAnimation(Anim);

}
if(llListFindList(anims,[(key)("c541c47f-e0c0-058b-ad1a-d6ae3a4584d9")]) == -1) // This is Second life UUID
{
llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(),PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION | PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS | PERMISSION_ATTACH);
llStopAnimation(Anim); // Stops your typing Animation
}
}
}

I don't really now how I could change it to get it to work, or, if there's something in the marketplace that I could buy to get this working.

You have a few choices.

1. Ask whoever made your rigged mesh head if s/he has a custom script for this purpose.

2. Write one of your own.

3. Hire a scripter to write one.

In any case, forget this script. It is very poorly written and not likely to work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.