Can't seem to get the hang of customizing my avatar....

RenaKirklandKnox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I try changing her hairstyle and I end up with stacks of different hairs;  I try to change her shape but after I 'save as' I can't figure out how to access what I just saved and that automatically sets my hover to 0 for some reason...

I'm getting really frustrated here and unsure if I'm missing something!
I just want to take everything off of my character, mess with her shape and hair, and then either make or put on clothes.
Am I doing something wrong?
I've been trying this by right clicking myself and using options from there, but it's kinda confusing....

EDIT:  NOW I thought I took off all my clothes, but there's some weird glitchy skirt and shoes on me that I can't get rid of.

The hover 0 thing has been happening to me a lot of late.

I find when it does, a simple relog sets it back to the actual value in my shape (50).

For hair I suggest always wearing it the first time by adding it to 'skull'. Then remove it, and 'wear' it - so it will replace anything else on that attachment point.

(use add if you want to stack things).

One way to help oneself is to put things in inventory into folders by type. I keep hair for my avatar in folder called 'hair' under the body parts folder. If I need to clean up my look - I can right click the hair folder and choose to detach everything in that folder... Then just go to the one I want and wear it.

Often the first thing I do before changing outfits is remove EVERYTHING - so in the outfits folder I have one outfit called 'Neko Base' (I'm always either a neko or a cat furry) - which removes everything but my shape, skin, AO, tail, whiskers, fangs, cat ears, and clawed slink feet.

Anytime I need a "reset" I right click that outfit and choose the replace option.

Then I go to hair, pick a style, and clothes, and start building a new ensemble.

I have similar "base" outfits saved for each brand of cat furry I use (2 colors of Kinzart and 3 MOD-community colors of Raawr at this point). And with this I can 'remove' my neko base, and the 'add' a furry base - and switch without even changing the clothes I'm wearing - only have to manually sort out hair.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.