How to turn Homeland to Mainland?

achem Serenity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Congratz on your decision to leave the n00b ghetto and mingle with the big guys but don't forget the free 512 ...

1) doesn't mean it's totally free. You won't have to pay tier for it but you have to purchase the parcel.

2) your house will count against the total prim allotment, while your LL home didn't. You used to be able to use all 117 prims for yourself, now most of them will be used for the house alone.

Actually you can get some very amazing mesh houses that will cost you Land Impact from 20 to 40 - and even less if you resize them down a bit.

I typically take any prefab I get and size it down until the doorknob and the window sills match to my avatar the same as a real life doornob matches to my body - which is about 40 5/16 inches or so off the ground.

- Even if your avatar is big, chances are the house you buy will still be oversized, and land impact can be recovered by shrinking it.

But if your avatar is normal - 5' to 6' tall - you can save about 30-50% of prim cost by resizing mesh prefab houses and furniture down. Making a 512m suddenly very spacious.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.