WTF?

Orca Flotta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since a couple days all YouTube links in forum are just showing black background in player boxes and if I press play I get this error message:

Bildschirmfoto vom 2013-12-13 14:20:13.png

Translated to that other German slang (the kind as spoken on the islands in the north sea) it says:

"An Error has occured, Please try again later. Additional info"

YouTube itself and links from my bloggy are werking fine tho, but from other sites like Fail Blog they are ... well, failing.

I'm on Linux Mint 16 and use Firefox 26.0 for all my browing needs. I'm too much of a stupid clueless cow to know what went wrong. HALP!!!

It works fine on the mainland to the north of the less than civilised large island that stretches almost all the way to other places that play cricket.

Since the message (which I translated as "You are German; you wouldn't appreciate sophisticated contemporary music and should stick to Wagner") is in German I would suggest that you seek your solution elsewhere than Second life, LL, Firefox  or Linux, and check that the German equivalent of the NSA is not managing your internet link - and hope that it's the West German branch rather than what remains of the version working their notice out in the East..

That, or it's that Youtube has changed its regional DRM yet again and some services are more "flexible" than others.

**********Rudi**********

Thx for your tries to help me but I found out by myself now. The culprit is a  little FF Add-on called Smart Video for YouTube 0.978. It's supposed to be a smart buffer for slow connections and obviously stopped working in version 26. Doesn't matter anymore since my connection just was upgraded a while ago so I won't need that crap anymore.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.