need help with sculpt texturing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3824 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ok i built a sculpt using sculpt studio 6.1 in world.  uploaded sculpt looks great  saved allthe pertinant files, and now want to create a single texture for the sculpt..i ahve bits and pieces of textures i want to use  to create the look of the item...i uploaded the obj file into blender. .. worked my way thgouht learnign how to paint with the UV's etc..now .. heres the problem ..i dont know understnad how to save adn upload JUST THE TEXTURE of the sculpt(not the sculpt map)   and not make it a mesh .. becuase ive tried doing the prim cost check and its something liek 70 LI compared to the 1 LI i ahve from the sculpt. does anyone know how to help me?

Andrea Fawcett wrote:

becuase ive tried doing the prim cost check and its something liek 70 LI compared to the 1 LI i ahve from the sculpt. does anyone know how to help me?

There's always the very likely chance that you could do it appropriately in mesh with a much better LI than that, not just in the basic model but also because you have different options of complexity for different LOD and the lowest LOD is usually the most influential with regard to LI.  Also, you can specify a physics shape during mesh upload and do that wrong and you'll see very high LI.

As for texturing, it's a LONG time since I last textured a sculpt in blender but once you've done the sculpt map, you should just be able to save the image out as .jpg or .tga.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3824 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.