No sexy walk anymore?

SweetLadyMell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Community =^_^=

Not a question this time but more a "tiny tut" - a tip or howto...

Imagine, you've found your AO, and it soooo fits you it becomes your "trademark", and then...the update and some animations are missing or simply...wrong...

Options? Accept it or...tinker with it to make it comply...let's do that. This tut is on OpenCollar AO's, I had the v3600, got an up to v3940 (or something) and lost my sexy walk. To remedy, this is what I did:

- make a work folder in your inventory, then copy-n-paste both AO (old and new) in that folder, rename the new one so you can find it back

-rez the old one on the floor (sandbox, your home, any place you can rez and have some time to tinker a.k. ample return time)

- edit it and let all the scripts load, locate the one you need - sexywalk in my case and dran-n-drop it in the work folder

- quit edit and take the AO (clean up after yourself ^^)

- now rez the new one and edit it too, extract the notecard for your "format" - mine was (obviously) called "girl" and drop it in your inventory, leave the new AO rezzed and open for edit for now

- rename the notecard you just dropped and open it

- it consits of lines starting with the name of an animation [walking] and so on, locate your line - needless to say that mine was [walking]

- at the end, add the "pipe" symbol | (press AltGr and keep it pressed, then press the "1" closest to the Esc key, not the one on the num pad) - by the way, if there's nothing you do NOT add the pipe symbol, the AO needs that synbol to keep the items on the line apart...

- add one space and type the name of your aimation in, then...save

- drag-n-drop the new card in the new AO's inventory, since you changed the name, it'll not overwrite anything :)

- as a detail, change the name and description in the "object" tab - just to be complete

- leave edit, and take...wear and enjoy

Thanks to the OpenCollar bunch for this great AO, making it open so people can adapt it freely...love this AO...

Okay, this is what the instructions said on the delivered notecard, but it seemed somewhat techy, and it did not mention the work folder, always work with the copy, never the original...in case something goes wrong, simply unwear the faulty AO and either delete it or edit it...it's perfectly safe... =^^=

Mell

xxx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.