Can somebody Track you?

KateHershey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a friend who has an alt.  This ALT appeared at my HOUSE today. How did this guy find my house?  Maybe I am being paranoid and it was just dumb luck that he found me, but Is there a way he can track me?  I have checked my picks and none of the locations have my tp to my house.  I have never had any friends at my house (just "family" who don't know him), and I banned everybody who is not on the access list.  I my own land with my own house.  This house is in an open field.  I love the spot, and don't want to move, but if he can find me and zoom into my house, I think I may have to move.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you.

p.s. I had no idea what category this question is.  Forgive me if I posted it wrong...

2 answers to this question

There are methods, but most require that you are wearing an object, or that you are in a Region that allows scripts, and you teleport home.

All of the methods violate the Terms of Service if the Resident tracking you does not have your consent.

Check what you are wearing, and check the land for objects not owned by you.

Most cases can be explained by information in a Residents profile.

Your case has many of the components of a quality Abuse Report. If he returns, report that information for each instance.

I've only had 1 stalker. I screwed it all up and scared them away. Our tango ended when my stalker called me crazy, and teleported away. It wasn't everything I had hoped it would be.

Most tracking is done the same way it is done in RL: good detective work.  We tend to hang around the same places, meet the same friends, enjoy the same sorts of events day after day.  It doesn't take long to build up a profile of a person if you are truly determined.  The only complete secret is one that you don't tell anyone. As Knowl says, though, tracking is certainly a lot easier if the tracker gives you a scripted object that broadcasts your whereabouts when you rez it.  

BTW, you don't need to ban anyone.  In About Land >>> Access just UNcheck the box that gives public access to your land and then ADD people to your Access list if you want them to be able to visit.  Everyone else is automoatically blocked from teleporting, flying, or walking into your land.  Also UNcheck the box in About Land >> Options that lets people see into your parcel.  Then your admirer can't stand in the next poarcel and see you.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.