MMOOK?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I keep getting spammed on my profile for this MMOOK site to buy lindens.  It went on for two weeks because I never look at those messages.  And so I had to delete like 20 messages.  Can linden labs ddo something please to this dishonest company?

I will only buy from Linden Labs so no other companies need bother spamming my profile.
Also does it happen to anyone else?

Phil Deakins wrote:

We've had a recent thread about it

You are not the only one rceiving the spam and, if my memory is correct, blocking the sender won't help because different new accounts are used to send it. If you don't us your Feed, turn it off..

My ALTs are getting hammered with these messages. Would turning the feed off help if it's coming through as messages in your inbox on the SL page? (and does that sentence even make sense?)

If so, can you advise how to turn it off? I don't think I've ever had to do that before.

Thanks

Go to my.secondlife.com and log in

Click Settings (gear icon) on the left.

Top middle, click on the Privacy tab.

Scoll down, look for Send you messages. Change it to Friends or Nobody. (The default "Second Life" setting lets any avatar send you messages, and if that's what you need, then you are in a bind.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.