Features Marketplace

Oceane Grumiaux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have no clue where to post this, so I post it here. It is highly annoying to me that with viewing my store only relevant (relevant with what I wonder) items appear. Is it possible to change that in my settings somewhere so I can put the focus on things that I find relevant? It doesnt seem to be a matter of reviews ( I thought it was at first) so how is this set up? 
Also I wonder why there is not a button to add stores, brands or merchants to favorites and show that as a sort of widget left or right from the content. Would be so handy if you can just go back to your favorite stores instead of looking up names first of a product you bought before or addes as favorite.  

No one has ever been able to figure out how they actually determine relevance. It's not by sales. I only know that because the top things on my listings that come up using relevance, are not ones that sell or are searched a lot, lol. That's what I thought it meant at one time too.

Not strictly by sales, no, but I'm sure its part of the ranking algorithm somehow, combined with other stats.

If I look at my store, ranked by relevance, most of the items on the first page are among my best sellers, but its not in any order (except top selling product is #1). But also something to do with revenue, because items that have sold less but made more in total are ahead of items that have sold more copies, but not in every case...

Maybe it just doesn't work as intended, so there isn't any way we can truly make sense of it. :D

A year or 2 ago LL came out with a new MP feature that allowed to sort you own store manually, but they removed it the next day because it wakens working right.  I have no idea if their even trying fix it any more.

My best guess on how it works is:

Over all number of sales as a base score.

Modified for recent sales with a 24 hour delay then last 3 or 4 days before going back to the base score.

With other possible modifier like age of the listing, price, demos, listing enhancements, the number of cats you have.   I recently made a demo of an older item,  the demo quickly out sold the full item but still has a lower ranking in my store, when I first made the full version I had 2 cats, and when I made the demo I had 0 cats.

I like your idea about favorite stores, even if LL wanted to do that it would take them years to get it right.  Until then just make a favorite store folder in you web browsers book marks this has the advantages that you can sort them and if you have any alts all of them can use it.

Yes, that makes some sense. It bothers me you can't do anything about it but it is what it is ;)
I use a fav map now indeed.  

There are more things that could be done, like if you make a multiple listing you can use a quick fill. But it's not possible to link a demo, which would be handy because often in a series you have the same demo, nor is it possible to use the same related items. It would save TONS of time if tyou could and you only have to change name and picture.

Oh well, let's just hope the Linden developers team pick that up sometime :) 

Thanks all for your comments. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.