I have given officer in group the right to "Assign member's to assigner's role", but can't

Patricia Irelund

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have given officer in group the right to "Assign member's to assigner's role", but she can't.  We have tried everything I could think of to fix this, and I know the permissions are correct.  However, she can't give out takes to others in the group, only the everyone tag which is "Staff members" and her own.   Any ideas would be appreciated.

4 answers to this question

"Assign members to assigner's role" means exactly that.  A person with that role can assign other people to the same role, but not to other roles.  If your officer has several roles (perhaps "officer" and "Everyone"), she can assign other people to any of those roles she has herself.   If you want the officer to be able to assign people to any role, then you have to give her the ability to "Assign members to Any Role". (She will not be able to assign anyone to an Owner's role.  Only you can do that.)

• Like 2

Going to necromance this because this just doesn't work, period.  "Assign member's to assigner's role" should allow an officer with this power to assign others to any role that officer has, from what you are saying.  I have been given powers in the group for this plus a tick for every role except true owner, but still I have to give them an "everyone" tag and then go in later and give them the tick they need such as dj or host.  This is just dumb and makes for extra work.

That's odd behavior. Unless LL has changed something very recently, this feature has always behaved as I described in my response to the OP. I've never had any trouble with inviting a person directly into a specific role in a group. You probably don't have a huge staff with a thousand DJs and hosts changing all the time, so this is a nuisance rather than a show-stopper. Still, it ought to work as described. I'd suggest submitting either a support ticket or a JIRA report. In either case, be sure to document your observations fully so that whoever handles it knows precisely what to look for.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.