Bay city Linden auctions are they fixed I have been bidding for the last three weeks even though the

levitate77

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3894 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Are Linden auctions for real?  I have out bid several biders according to bidding history for the last three weeks.  Specific to Bay City.  Land continues to either appear as linden land or is sold to people who already own most of the land.  What am I doing wrong?

2 answers to this question

It's hard to say what you might be doing wrong. Only residents that have Premium memberships and are at least 14 days old are eligible to participate in auctions, so one common reason why people's auction attempts fail is that they haven't been in SL long enough.  That's not your problem, since you have been here a couple of years, but maybe you're not a Premium member?  If that's not it, take a look here for the answers to some common perplexing questions.   Maybe you'll find a clue.

• Like 2

Realistically, any on-line auction for something desirable will be won in the last minute if not the last ten seconds. It works the same way on Ebay. If you really want the land determine the maximum amount you're willing to pay and then sit and watch the listing just before the bidding closes, waiting to bid until the last possible moment you have time to place your bid AND CONFIRM IT. If you don't do it this way someone else will.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3894 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.