How to rotate (linked) prim around its edge ?

Restless Swords

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a prim inside a build, and need to rotate it around one of its edges. Note that I cannot use the common door approach of cutting away 1/2 the object since the object is a sculpt, hence I really do need to rotate that prim around its edge.

All the rotation scripts/samples I have seen are for rotation around an axis passing through the center of an object.  How do I rotate around an axis passing through an edge of the object ?

Think of a sculpt door for a car, and I want to open the door by rotating it around its front edge, that gives the idea.  Or think of a sculpt door for a house, the door being a single piece that is not a 1/2 cutaway object.

Innula's approach is the easiest if you already have the sculpt door.  If you haven't made it yet, though, you can save yourself some land impact and probably get a nicer looking door if you make it mesh instead.  Not only that, but if you create the mesh door properly, you can get it to rotate around its edge.  See

to see how to do it.  Once you have that, you can use a simple "cut prim" script to rotate it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.