Where can I get good ao's?

brandonyoungblood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

I think you may be confused by the terminology here.

An AO normally means a device that detects your avatar's animation state (walking, sitting, flying and so on), stops the default LL animation and plays an animation of your choice instead.

That's distinct from the animation it plays, which I think is what you mean when you talk about "those ones that you have to select "play inworld" or "play locally" for them to play".   That seems to me to describe an animation, which can be played manually, as you describe, or (more normally) by a scripted item like an AO.

Several third-party viewers (notably Firestorm) offer the facility to have the viewer detect your animation state and play the animations direct from your inventory, without using a separate scripted attachement.

To cut a long story short, I suggest you take a look in the Marketplace in the Animations>Animation Override section.  There you will find a wide variety of AOs, containing sets of animations (so just wear it and you're good to go), at all price ranges from free to very expensive.   A lot of the main animators offer free or very inexpensive AOs and sets, as well as their main lines.   You can then, if you wish, pull out the animations and set them up with Firestorm to work without the scripted Animation Override device.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.